MATT KEZAR | MATT@IAN-BLACK.COM | 941.720.1973
Matt Kezar joined Ian Black Real Estate in May 2016 as a broker associate with extensive experience in commercial real estate acquisition, entitlement, development, sales, and leasing. A Tampa Bay native, Matt enjoyed a military education and career before actively pursuing real estate development. Through his involvement as Executive Vice President at Corvus International, a Partner of The Bennett Group, Principal of Blackrock Development Holdings, and Vice President at MBK Real Estate Services, Inc. Matt honed a wide range of skills and the ability to perform on complex projects.
The Bennett Group, Goodwill Industries, Century Golf Partners, M/I Homes, Holland and Knight, Iberia Bank, Orange Theory Fitness, PDQ , Palmer Ranch, 7-Eleven, RaceTrac, Flagship Self Storage, Geartz Construction
• Acquisition, entitlement, development, and sale of 600+/- residential lots
• Entitlement, development, and sales of 40+/- acre light-manufacturing/flex space park
• Acquisition, entitlement, and development of an 33-acre, mixed-use development, including approval for a 320-unit ALF, hotel, and medical office space
• Acquisition, entitlement, and sale of a 15- acre retail development that included PDQ and Orange Theory Fitness.
• Acquisition, entitlement, and development of a 10-acre, mixed-use commercial project that included a RaceTrac gas station, auto repair, and self-storage
• Acquisition, entitlement, and sales of a 6-acre retail development on SR 70 and I-75 that included a Zaxby’s and general retail.
• Leasing and management of 125,000 sq. ft. Class A, high-rise, professional office building
West Point Graduate with a BS Degree in Engineering & Management
Commissioned Armor Officer and Brigade HQ Executive Officer in the United States Army
US Army Airborne School, Nuclear Biological & Chemical Warfare School
National, Florida, and Sarasota Manatee Associations of Realtors International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Director- Open Doors Foundation
Former Board member of Boys and Girls Club of Manatee County Former Board member of Bradenton Yacht Club
Former Board member of Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
Recognized by the Gulf Coast Business Review as a Top 40, Under 40 Business Leader in Tampa Bay area Selected to the President’s Council in the Manatee County Economic Development Council
Taught Physics and coached football and track at Saint Stephen’s Episcopal School