Updated: Dec 9, 2020
SARASOTA, Fla. (April 17, 2020) – Ian Black Real Estate is proud to announce a strong start to 2020. Sarasota’s premier commercial real estate firm transacted $34 million in total sale and lease value volume, and also secured notable listings in Q1 2020. The firm’s leaders also continued to secure prominent positions serving the industry and the region.
Quarter 1 breakdown
In Q1 2020, the firm closed more than $23.16 million total in commercial real estate sale transactions. The largest sales included:
· CheapChard LLC, Bling Bling Properties LLC and Biter Building LLC, the ownership group of PropLogix, purchasing a 44,000-square-foot Class-A office building at 5901 N Honore in Sarasota for $10.5 million.
Jag Grewal, CCIM, and Amy MacDougall of Ian Black Real Estate represented the seller, JDL Development, LLC, (now Kingdom Development) in the transaction. Steve Horn, CCIM, and Nick DeVito, II, SIOR, also of Ian Black Real Estate, represented the buyer.
· Sunz Property II LLC purchasing a 43,863-square-foot office building at 1201 6th Ave. West and adjacent 1-acre lot at 816 12th St W in downtown Bradenton from Harry Bakker for $4.5M. Jag Grewal, CCIM, of Ian Black Real Estate represented Sunz Property II LLC in the transaction.
· Kingdom Development, formerly JDL Development, purchased Lakewood Heart Office Building, a 21,553-square-foot Class-A office building at 6771 Professional Parkway in Sarasota, for $3.4 million. Jag Grewal, CCIM, of Ian Black Real Estate, represented the buyer.
In addition, the firm’s total lease value volume in Q1 2020 was $11,064,000. The largest lease by square footage was to Harmar Mobility, which leased a 19,918-square-foot office space in Northgate Center Business Park in Sarasota to house its sales, executive and operational staff.
Ian Black Real Estate also secured notable listings during Q1 2020, including serving as the exclusive agent for:
· Kolter Urban’s 11,823 square feet of office space in new mixed-use development Mark Sarasota in downtown Sarasota, for sale
· Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport’s 50,000-square-foot Class A industrial/office building at 8323 Lindbergh Ct in Sarasota, for lease
In addition, firm partners stepped into the following leadership roles:
· Ian Black, CCIM, was re-elected as a Vice President of the Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee
· Jag Grewal, CCIM, was appointed to the board of the Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation (EDC). He’s also serving his final term on the board of the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance.
· Steve Horn, CCIM, began his second term as a member of the Board of Trustees for Saint Stephen’s Episcopal School.
·Nick DeVito, II, SIOR, was appointed Regional Director of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors’ Florida Chapter, covering Sarasota, Manatee and Charlotte Counties.
SIOR is the leading global professional office and industrial real estate organization that certifies commercial real estate service providers with the exclusive SIOR designation, based on achievement, knowledge, accountability and ethical standards. Only the industry’s top professionals qualify for SIOR. Today, there are more than 3,200 members in 685 cities and 36 countries. For more information, visit www.sior.com.